April 20, 2014

Easter Art 2014

My peaceful Sunday-afternoon-nap ended with my daughter's "Mama. I want to do something. I want to make an Easter craft." I mumbled back something like I was Japanese and I had nothing to do with this celebration, but it didn't work. I had to get my lazy ass up to fullfill this little creative soul.

We got to work & this is what we came up with:


I've never dyed an egg in my life, but actually it was fun. This link was handy.

All I needed (note to myself):

1 cup hot water
1 teaspoon vinegar
drops of food colors (amount depends on how saturated you want the color to be.)
jam jar

Dip the eggs in the solution for up to 5 minutes & you are done. We used tapes to make marks on the eggs & used a china marker to draw on it.

Kiliko had the box made weeks ago, so all we did was fill it with shredded colored paper, eggs, chick-shaped flashlight and paper hen upon her request. Kiliko had fun cranking the mini shredder I had.


She was satisfied & went off to watch Frozen (again).


Love this smily face she drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts