August 22, 2011

My daughter's and my first protest

I went to a protest in front of the Brazil Consulate in Manhattan with my daughter.

This dam will affect people I know indirectly through my sister, who works for Rainforest Foundation Japan (RFJ) which supports the indegenious people in Amazon. (RFJの日本語サイトはこちら

I've never been so active politically before, but what happened to Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant changed me a bit. I've always tried my best for living environmentally responsibly, and believed nuclear plants have nothing good for mankind. But I realize, after the accidents at Fukushima plant, that just believing in something is not enough. If I want to change the world, I have to change myself. If you believe in something, your action needs to follow it and express it. Otherwise, how would people know? How does the government know?

You can sign a petition at Amazon Watch's website. Please take a minute and save the homes to those on the video, the animals, and the forest that produces a third of oxygen on this planet. 

ベロモンチ・ダム建設反対の署名はこちらでできます。
プロテスト当日のことが書かれたRFJのスタッフブログはこちらです。


Stop Belo Monte!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts