August 31, 2012

A New Kindergartner!

So my daughter started Kindergarten this week.

It is a big change for us tiny family.
After I sent her out on the first day, I really didn't know what to do with this LONG stretch of time. 7 hours without her!? I never had that much time for myself after she was born. Instead of laying back, I went crazy - cleaned the house, did the laundry, worked on my projects... but even after all that were done, it was ONLY 11:30 in the morning!?  Yes, the first day - and the rest of the week - was exhausting. Just felt so long.

After surfing some local stores and the internet (using this plenty of time) and had trouble finding a perfect backpack for my little kindergardener, I decided to make one from scratch.

Okay, let me admit it - it's not perfect - there is a big room for improvement as this is my first time designing a backpack and I learned a lot in the making process. But my daughter seem to like her first "big-girl-backpack" and it does look cute and is functional. I'm satisfied - for now.


Big Girl Backpack with grey cotton canvas & pink webbing.
There is a inner pocket with a zipper, too!

A proud & stylish Kindergartner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts