July 19, 2011

Golden Acrylics rules

Repainting an old wooden toy for my daughter's school. It's from the 60s.

The school provided me with a jag of white acrylic paint, so I'm using that and my own Golden Acrylics paint for other colors. I noticed how much better Golden Acrylics are, compared to the one from school that is made in China.

There's more pigments and less medium so the colors are more opaque & vibrant. I guess comparing it with a kids paint to Golden Acrylics is as silly as comparing a toy car to a real car, but it never registered in my mind that I use such a good paint because it just was what I had left since my art school days and I kept using it. (With occasional flirting with Holbein acrylics, which is pretty good, too.) Using another paint reassured me that Golden does make good stuff.


drying wagon.

drying milk bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts